Monday, March 17, 2014

God teaches us humility

 Last night, clearly, I heard this phrase: "God taught Moses humility"
Today, in our school of ministry we were talking about teaching and learning. But also, I ran into some challenges due to the pride of my heart.

Phil. 2:1-8
Main points:
Jesus, being in the nature God, did not sought that equality to be recognized. Instead, he humbled himself to the status of a servant all the days of his life.

WOW
Pray for God to change our attitudes to become servants and not seek equality with others.

"YOUR ATTITUDE SHOULD BE THE SAME AS THAT OF CHRIST JESUS: WHO, BEING IN VERY NATURE GOD, DID NOT CONSIDER EQUALITY WITH GOD SOMETHING TO BE GRASPED, BUT MADE HIMSELF NOTHING, TAKING THE VERY NATURE OF A SERVANT, BEING MADE IN HUMAN LIKENESS. AND BEING FOUND IN APPEARANCE AS A MAN, HE HUMBELED HIMSELF AND BECAME OBEDIENT TO DEATH- EVEN DEATH ON A CROSS!"- Philippians 2:5-8

I believe that God desires to teach me to become humble. It is not an accident that certain situations caused me pain and desire to be recognized. However, I now know that God will do His part in teaching, but I will make a choice to humble myself and put on the attitude of Christ.

Thank You, dear Holy Spirit. Thanks to my husband too, for his merciful and loving heart.

No comments: