Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Commitment

Commitment is to be dedicated to a specific purpose, activity, assingment or a person.
It is a pledge or promise.

What is the value of commitment?

What does it do to a person wellbeing?

Is it important to a Christian faith?

What are the examples of commitment?

Where am I with commitments?
My friend Rhyse asked me to participate in a Bible Study, and I have a hard time to commit myself to it.
I had a difficulty to commit myslef in the past to a person for the future mariage becuase I tried to change him or give up when the tough times came.
Sometimes I fail to be where I suposed to be for school... (classes, meetings, etc)
For a long time (while I am being in America) I did not dedicate myself to a specific church.
I used to think that I like changes and new things, but maybe underline reason for that
is my unwillingness to commit for a long time.
Commitment to God
Commitment to people
Commitment to work and study
Commitment to goals
Commitment to church
How does my lack of commitment effect?
There is a dissapointment and unsure feelings about future.
There is lack of trust to people
There is a fear of unknown
Commitment sounds boring to people who like adventure and new experiences, but a true life cannot exist without commitment. Look, Jesus asked people to follow Him. He cannot intrust the Kingdom of God to those who wanted to escape and return to their previous life.
Commitment is a constant choice to wait and prevail in patience.
Commitment is inconvinience in our worldview
Commitment is the bond that is not easily broken

No comments: