Sunday, October 17, 2010

Park Place







This morning Sam travelled back to Bloomington; I continued to sleep until 9:30 am. The service at Park Place Church starts at 10:30. On my way to church, I found myself pondering: who am I going to church for? Am I going there because of the people or because I want to seek God? It is a hard and honest question. Most likely people played a major role, but I really desired for God to be the reason to go to Park Place Church of God.

This question: Am I a people pleaser or God pleaser? is on my mind for several days. The search for that dilemma is in the present moment.





The service at Park Place was really wonderful, blessed and great! Several times I lifted my hands in worship to Jesus. The song "Sweet, sweet Spirit" reminded of my mother and connected in worship to God. The sermon by David Markle was amazing! He preached from 2 Corinthians 5 about the fact that in Christ God creates new! I felt and heard Jesus Christ being exalted in this morning worship service. I usuallly watch for any indiciation to our Lord Jesus Christ! After the service, for some good reason, I greeted and was welcomed by many people. One person told me thanks for leading worship on Tuesday chapel, another asks about singing at church, and with others we chatted on other great subjects. The people in the congregation did not look strange or distant to me, but rather as a unite of humanity.

When I came home, through listenning to the sermong about whether we walk before God or people, I was in deep reflection about that. Lord, open my heart and ears to hear what Your Spirit is saying to me individually and corporately. Help me to choose to please and walk before You! I repent for any reasons other than to come to worship You in the house of the church.
Blessings to You, Father in heaven and glory!

No comments: