Wednesday, June 27, 2012

not this worldly beauty

Father in heaven,

I need to repent for the eyes and the lust of this world. It seems like my soul or heart wanted something of this world, but it definately hinders coming to You. I wonder, Lord, why I do notspend long time with You in prayer, what is the hindrance here? You are to me more tan anything else. All will flee and disappear, but You will remain forever. I want to remain humble and not to run after the fleeting idols of this world, beaty, hair treatments, clothes, etc. Your Word declates the Truth: "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Honor her for all that her hands have done, and ler works bring praise at the city gate." Provers 31: 30-31. Here, it shows a complete contradiction to the temptation of this world. THe world offers a woman who is charming, beautiful, but the Lord praises a woman who fears Him and whose hands doring good works. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:15. Again, the world offers a picture of people who do not glorify God in their lives, but live for themselves. Secondly, their lives are not the reflection of light through their good works. How many women who appear to be "so charming and beautiful" in reality living for the sake of Christ and doing good works to glorify the Father?

I thank You, God, for correcting me. And I pray that you turn my heart and eyes away from such idols of this world and let my heart be set on Your laws. Your Word gives light through the Holy Spirit.

Enemy is targeting us in many ways. I did nto realize right away that it was the enemy enticing. His goal is to separate me from the communion with my God. However, the Lord's Spirit is awake and alert. His word says, "I am convinced that neither death nor lkife, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord" Romans 8:38

No comments: