Thursday, February 8, 2007

Being humble and lowly before God

Have you gone through the time when everything seemed to be lifeless and meaningless until you find God? I define this period as both desert and fire. Desert humbles you and fire tests what is in your heart.

You do not need to seek humility to become humble and lowly in spirit. The easier way is to start seeking and desiring God.

Why is God so strange? When we want to know Him more in all His glory, He becomes invisible but reflects Himself visible in people’s lives. I thought that panting for God is revealing truth about Him, but why is He revealing truth about me? Why is He showing me that I am nothing without Him and everything I do is meaningless? Please, somebody give me an answer!

I sought to be loved by a person and found, You reprimanded me by saying: "You have forsaken your first love." God, I do not want to be angry with You but I do want to be faithful.


Father, I will remember all the good things and miracles You have done in my life and that You are God. You deserve all the praises and glory. Let there be peace and comfort for those who hunger and thirst for You, i
n Jesus’ name.

...Lord, I hunger for You,
God, my soul is thirsty for You.
Make me see of things not seen,
Help me learn to live with Thee.
Chase me quicker,
Bring me closer,
Fill me deeper,
Touch me longer.
Lovely, dearly, You are to me.
Hungry, needy, I am to Thee.

No comments: