Saturday, May 3, 2008

give to the poor

"Go and sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have the riches in heaven..." Matthew 19:21

Today, to my surprise I had $163.02 in my debit card. Praise the Lord! This is the last check from work on campus. I took off $20, 00 to get food and money for the laundry. Then I spent $50,00 for the Food of the poor (sorry, it should be in secret). And I have still $ 93.02 left. I know that it is aweful to live hungry and without money. There are some blessigns from that, but unless you receive some help, it's difficult.

Lord, I pray that you will change my mind and attitude toward poor, so that I will not remain wealthy on the earth but rich in heaven. Help me to be reminded to give to the poor everytime there is something to give. Oh Lord, help them soon!!!

Amen.
Another example that my friend just shared with me. At the grocery store, there was a man who at the counter did not have enough money to pay for the food and he asked the lady to take off some items. But the man behind him said, I will pay fo ryou whatever you have left.

Thank You Dear Lord!!!

No comments: