Thursday, May 1, 2008

Poverty- source


I have wondered about an issue of poverty. Many times I heard and believed too that poverty is a demonic thing. So instead of having a compassion on people, we treat them as those possessed by devil. But when we ourselves become poor or step into their shoes, we discover how needy and unworthy we are, how desperate we are for God and mercy. When you are poor, you become to see the graces of God that in other times you take for granted. When you are poor, you feel low and humble, sometimes there is self-pity, but there is also a remorse. How can we say that poverty comes from devil? Why would God be so concerned for the poor and widowed, orphans and foreigners?

I want to look at the Word and search whether poverty is a demonic activity or whether it is not.
Help me the Holy Spirit to find the truth, so that my heart will not be wrong before God.
Amen.

No comments: