Thursday, August 27, 2009

To be One

Last night around 9 pm I went to pray. One moment I heard the Lord, "What is one thing you want me to do for you?" Immediately, I cried out from my inmost being- to be one with Judy's community. I wanted to be one with them because I love each of them. It is ok with me to be humbly among them just like they are. Well, then the Lord pointed out that Jesus asked the same thing in John 17.

Even before that I read from Micah 4:6-7

"I will gather the lame, and assamble the outcast, and her whom I have afflicted.
And I will make the lame a remnant; and the sick, a strong nation..."

John 17:9,12,21, 23.

I have a request to make for them. I make no request for the world, but only for those whom you have given me, for they are yours-...so that they may be one just as we are.

Let them all be one. Just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am with you, let them be in union with us.... so that they may be one just as we are, I in union with them and you with me, so that they may be perfectly united.

No comments: