Wednesday, October 14, 2009

fight with the evil one

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
I greet you with love of God and in the Holy Spirit.

Let me share with you on experience I had in a dream. It was Wednesday night. I laid down to sleep. I was praying and felt fire upon my feet. Then I heard a word, "This is the Gospel of peace." The Holy Spirit instructed me to walk around campus and pray for every person I see or encounter. Then I fell asleep and in my dream an enemy came. It felt like my body was paralyzed, the light in the apartment could not be turned. In the dream, in the next room, there was Tara with Phil. She was talking on the phone and edified with words, "Faith. Believe. Believe." Since the enemy silenced my mouth to speak the name of Jesus outloud, I was proclaiming Jesus name inside. Then I woke up. Fear still was there, so I opened the Word (praise the Lord) and the peace, joy came over. There came a feeling of Victory! I called Sam and we talked on the phone for two hours. The very next day, I went around campus first singing, then praying for people inwardly applying the Blood of Jesus and the blessings on their lives. That day I shared a Gospel with one student and he prayed to accept Jesus in his heart. WIth another student, intercessor, prayer warrior, we had an assignment to witness the Lord Jesus to two young male students. Praise the Lord.

In the book "Heaven is empty, Hell is full" by Asfaw D. Berhane, I found the similar story:

The next fight with Satan was the longest fight I have ever had with him in my ministry. It happened while I was taking a little nap on my couch. I felt a hand grab my neck and a heaviness come over my body. I tried to get up, but I was pressed harder into the couch. The weight was heavy to the point that I could not breathe. Finally, I managed to raise my arm and push him off of me. It felt as if I was pushing a resistant force of wind. I could see his dark body. At first it see,ed he was winning the fight. I tried to call upon the name of Jesus, but my tongue would not move, like it was frozen. I felt helpless. THen I heard the still small voice saying, "Why don't you call My name in your heart?" When i said "Jesus" in my heart I saw the devil vanish. Throught that faight the Lord taught me that heart-to-heart communication is more effective than verbal.
(p. 79).

No comments: