Monday, October 19, 2009

lesson

Let me share with you a great experientual lesson:

I am working in the library today. Around 10 am, a male student comes and pickes up a cart to bring the new newspapers and magazines. I ususally do not talk to him or smile, etc. Today, the Holy Spirit said that I need to greet him. Surprisingly, he also asked me how was my break. I asked him too, and so, we had a small conversation.

Around 11 am, I received a text message from a student/ co-worker. She asked if there is anyone who wants to work for her from 12 to 1 pm. Inside of me was no desire to work for her, because many times I substituted for her and she never could do that for me when I needed. But I prayed, telling Jesus abou that. Then the Holy Spirit asked me, "Are you gonna do good only to those who love you?" Immediately, I texted her and told, " I will work for you."

Listen and read this important scripture from Matthew 5:46-48
If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the
tax colletors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you
doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as
your heavenly Father is perfect.

No comments: