Sunday, May 20, 2007

Love your enemies



I want to thank God Almighty, my Lord and Savior. He gave me to hear a message: to thank Him for the enemies. I remember praying several times thanking God for my friends. I would call their names, think about them and praise God. Now, today, HE has put on my heart to learn and to be thankful for my enemies. Why? They shape me. God brings me to where He designed. Thanks are to our King.




This is what the Word of God says:

“You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.” Psalm 23:5
Oh, this is also a neat promise: “Surely Your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.” Psalm 23:6

“When people’s lives please the Lord, even their enemies are at peace with them.” Proverbs 16:7




“Don’t rejoice when your enemies fall; don’t be happy when they stumble.”
Proverbs 24:17

“If your enemies are hungry, give them food to eat. If they are thirsty, give them water to drink.”
Proverbs 25:21

Matthew 5:43-44
“You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you!”

Luke 6:27-30, 35-36
“but to you who are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies! Do good to those who hate you. Bless those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you. If someone slaps you on one cheek, offer the other cheep also. If someone demands your coat, offer your shirt also. Give to anyone who asks; and when things are taken away from you, don’t try to get them back.
“Love your enemies! Do good to them. Lend them without expecting to be repaid. Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as children of the Most High, for He is kind to those who are unthankful and wicked. You must be compassionate, just as your Father is compassionate.”

No comments: