Saturday, May 12, 2007

What would it mean?






I had a dream today: the only one moment I remember is the scripture from the Bible. My sister repeated it over and over so I would memorize. "The sword of the Spirit is the Word of God." It is from Ephesians 6.




In elijahlist.com I have read: "I saw angels with swords drawn ready to cut time for some prisoners. Some prisoners who were willing to stay right where they were to be a light in the darkness an dwho felt they were not quite ready for the street, seemed to atract these flashing swords towards these lengthy sentences.


God knew their hearts, and perhaps those who felt they would never make it on the street would be the ones who would make it. They would have to lean hard on Him, and He would be their strength for the outside world. Some who seemed so confident and thought they could set the world on fire caused the angels to back off and put their swords in their sheathes. Mane who thought they were ready for the outside world really weren't, and those who thought they weren't ready, really were in the eyes of the Lord, for His strength would be made perfect in their weakness."




Now, what does the Lord want to say? It's been a while since I realized that there is no difference between me and any other sinner. Everyone fell short of the glory because of the sins. But there is one thing I know that Jesus is my savior who laid down His life for me on the cross. He did it out of His great love for us, humans. Once again, I do know how not "to be too Christian or too pagan" but the balance is awesome.


How did Jesus communicate with every man: pharisee, prostitue, tax collector, disciples and others? Why didn't Jesus separate Himself from the outside world and just lived happy with His friends? How was Jesus not afraid of the world?


I have these questions because if God has called me to minister to others, it requires communicate with people of different backgrounds.






My prayer today is from Psalm 121.


"I look up to the mountains- does my help come from there?


My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth!


He will not let you stumble; the One who watches over you will not slumber.


Indeed, He who watches over Israel never slumbers or sleeps.


The Lord Himself watches over you!


The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.


The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon at night.

The Lord keeps you from all harm


and watches over your life.


The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go,


both now and forever.'




No comments: