Saturday, September 20, 2008

love and peace

My goal is to live every day with LOVE and PEACE. I think that other roles such as being a student, a mother (one day), a minister or any others are only additional species of who we are. But the life in the Spirit of God is of peace and love.

Romans 8: 6 "the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace"

The peace and love can be instruments of God's grace to touch other lives.

Galatians 5:22 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindnes, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." "let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other".

Phillipians 4:11-12 "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry...

Rhyse said that love is equal to the fruit of the Spirit. Compare 1 Corinthians 13 and Galatians 5.

No comments: