Thursday, September 3, 2009

Rivers of living water

Last night (after drinking strong coffee around 9 pm) you can imagine how awake I was!!!! I could not got asleep until 3 30 in the morning. But Sometimes after 11 pm, the Holy Spirit spoke this scripture to my heart. And it got me thinking and searching for understanding.

John 7:37-39
Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as[a] the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive.

You know I always thought that it spoke of the words of the Spirit coming out of the believers, but last night I stepped into an understanding that it could also mean the gifts of the Spirit (that ministers to other people).

But what amazing is that today on Elijahlist.com, there is an article called
"Wisdom and a Fresh Anointing of the Holy Spirit for New Seasons and New Beginnings" by Keith Miller.

He says,
A River of Wisdom is different. When I say a River, I'm talking about the perpetual flow of the Holy Spirit in the area of wisdom. O dear friends, how we need this now. My heart is to see God's precious people living out of the deepest part of the blessing of the Lord...to flow with all that He is in you. As you read this article, ask Him to fill you with all wisdom and understanding, for His ways are higher than our ways, and His thoughts are higher than our thoughts.
The Bible in John 7:37-38 declares that out of your heart or belly will flow rivers of living water! Notice it declares rivers of living water. One of those rivers is the River of Wisdom! Let the River of Wisdom flow!


How cool is that!!!

No comments: