Monday, January 18, 2010

reflection

It is clearly that there is a difference in the teaching between what I hear at the FGA (Full Gospel Assembly) with the things I learn at the Anderson School of Theology. It is not that I want to be close-minded but that it never occured to me before the substantial differences in what people preach and present. The word "church" now means so many things, that you have to clarify in order to be understood.

I think the class on Christian Mission in a Pluralistic World will be a great effort to exercise those differences and come to a somewhat conclusion or a notch to move forward.

But outside of studying and teaching, in the realm of worship. I am so thankful for the open door to be in ministry with Tim Johnson and his friends of musicians doing IHOP and possibly the services on Sundays. I praise the Lord for that open door. Glory and Praise to our Faithful God.

It will be beneficial to answer this question this semester: How can we say the phrase "Our God" and what it means to different people and communities.

I still hold to the conviction that Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. He is a mediator of our salvation and eternal life. Secondly, I believe in our call to worship the Father by One Spirit. All believers are called to praise and worship God the Father and learn in the knowledge of Him.

So, these are my recent thoughts and meditations. It is actually benefical to pour out those ideas in letter, rather than holding them in chaotic form in my mind.

Father, I come to You in the name of Your Son Jesus, Yeshua. I praise You for this wonderous day of Your glory. You provided with a meal and felowship! You opened new doors and I am thankful. Thank you for Sam who sent me letter and heart. May you bless those who decided to bless me today in many ways.
Be with Allison, deliver her from the spirit of rejection (dreamed today). Would you reveal the power of Your love toward her this semester. Bring healing to her relationship with her earthly father and with You. Receive our praises in advance for what You are going to do.

Father, this is personal. I would really like to practice Your presence every day. May the praise toward You be on my lips at school, at home, at church or any other places I go. May it energize those around me to pay attention to You and to glorify Your Holy Name.
Lord, keep us healthy, strong, enregized every week for Your Son's sake. May we be the learners of Your way, the practitioners of Your wisdom and the lovers of You.

I love You, Lord.
My Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.

No comments: