Friday, November 4, 2011

Bought with a price

Jesus bought us with a price. The price He paid for us was His life. The blood that Jesus shed on the cross purchased us from sin into the kingdom of God.





I heard Jesus speaks this phrase to me- "I have purchased you with the price." For the last few days, I felt drawn back from the true fellowship with the Lord. It was partially due to the movie we watched, it hindered my walk with the Lord because there was a scene of sexual immorality in it. Our spirit is renewed by Christ and we need to allow all of us, heart, soul, mind and body to be truly His. Anything of the world pollutes the holiness of God.



Today, as we were walking, I meditated on the fact that Jesus is a good shepherd. I am like a lost sheep wandered into the side walk, but Jesus' love searched me out and reminded me that I am loved in His sight. HE BROUGHT ME WITH A PRICE.






Prayer:

I honor You, Jesus, the BELOVED. Thank you that You truly died and rose again. You thought it fitting to lay down your very life for me. May my body, mind and spirit be unto Your holy service. May the Holy Spirit continue to do mighty works through Christ Jesus. To the glory of God the Father.


Amen


Part II

1 Peter 1:18-19

For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

No comments: