Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The prayer

I just discovered with the help of the Holy Spirit in the Word the type of a prayer :

let me write the scripture first and then internalize it to my life in prayer.


And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge anmd depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes from Jesus Christ- to the glory and praise of God. Philippians 1:9-11


Papa, our Heavenly Father, in the Name of Your Beloved Son Jesus, I ask You to make me/us be able to discern what is best and be pure and blameless until Lord Jesus returns. I pray that You will work all of these by increasing Your love in us and through us and also by filling us up with the righteousness through Jesus and not from our own efforts. We praise You!!! Amen


As I read further in Phillipians there is an explanation of how to be pure and blameless:

Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure... Philippians 2:14

So, this is a guideline for us from God, an answer to our prayer: remain peaceful and even in times of difficulties and trials, do not complain. With all that you do: do it without complaying or arguing. How many times have you seen yourselves arguing with others? How many times did we complain today? Let us trust God to help us to be pure and blameless before Jesus Christ returns. God bless you all and me including.

No comments: