Monday, March 23, 2009

Part I

Deuteronomy 20:1-4
When you go to war against your enemies and see horses and chariots and an army greater than yours, do not be afraid of them, because the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, will be with you. When you are about to go into battle, the priest shall come forward and address the army. He shall say: "Hear, Israel: Today you are going into battle against your enemies. Do not be frightened or afraid; do not be terrified or give way to panic before them. For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.

On March 12, 2009, I heard the Holy Spirit say: "Now, get ready for another intake of adversity." (Adversity means distress, a narrow place)It did not mean anything to me. I had no clue or understanding of what it could mean. But slowly the Lord revealed that the Spring Break will be my time in Gilgal (Read Joshua 5 adn 6). I knew that during that weak, th enemy will not attack me because "their hearts melted in fear and they no longer had the courage to face the Israelites." (5:1) It says that "Now the gates of Jericho were securely barred because of the Israelites. No one went out and no one came in." (6:1).
So during the Break I was in Florida (camping trip) and Michigan (worship service). In between of those trips I encouted a battle with flesh, where the flush took over. But after I cam home from Michigan, the adversity took place.

My dream:
Masses of people were running away from the troops of a political army or just an enemy with weapons. I remember that at one point everyone was supposed to run to the right, but I saw my sister with another girl running straight. So I decided to run along with my sister. But there was a young fellow who not only pursued us, but who also shouted: "Weapons on them!" So we kept running and behind us were many armed troops. They had nacist hats and long weapons. When we saw ahead that there were innocent people standing in line and some of the armed troop was already there, we realized that we need to submit and stay in line too. At first we grouped together, clinging closer to each other: four, then two people in line. Then we all in one line, some people behind us. I saw three main figures in front of me. Starting on the left: an influencial woman, a priest, and Hitler.
After that woman spoke, now was the priest's turn to pray. He prayed a good prayer. Then he sarted reading the Bible and with words: "Hitler... oh it's not good", he stopped. Hitler became immediately furious and ordered to kill him. In seconds, the priest was put on ear phones and was killed.
People stood in line with heads down because of fear and sorrow. Hitler said, "Lift your faces." I turned my face up to heaven with closed eyes. I had peace over and inside of me. He stopped at my and said that I would go. I came forward, they put earphones on me and I WOKE UP.

Then the scripture came to my mind from Isaiah 53:7 "He was led like a lamb to the slaughter..."


This is part I to the story about Adversity.

No comments: