Saturday, September 25, 2010

what do I think about Islam?

Hi dear reader,

I am happy that there is an informal place to share my ponderings and thoughts. I have been reading the book by Philip Jenkins called "the Lost History of Christianity" thatled me to the search ...

Today, the missionaries and Christian scholars promote friendship with other religions. Even taking the classes at the semenary gave a positive view on other faiths. However, to my biggest surprize, I've discovered that for Muslims, the number 666 is the holy number, whereas for the Christians it refers to the beast. I think that young minds are deceived in their perception of Islam. However, I do not think that it is healthy to be afraid or to put that faith down. More likely, it is healthy to realize that Jesus is not on friendly terms with Islam, yet his ways are loving toward all people. I think Islam religion is not to be co-friendly with Christian, but we are to pray for ways that God wants to minister to Muslim communities.

The book also showed that in the beginning of Islam (612), Christianity and Islam lived in perfect peace and friendship. However, at some point the Muslims decided to conquer the places and to bring Islam as the main religion. In Christian history we also encounter similar approaches... But the question is will this friendliness with Islam be so forever, or at some point it will come out in utter persecution of Christians. The Bible says that the persecutions for faith will continue.

the greatest example for me right now is Mama Ta. They do prayer meetings for Muslim on Saturday and they serve them in love. I have witnessed their minsitry of love toward Muslims.
God bless our ministers and the people who are in deception. Give them eyes to see the truth of the gospel and emrace the love of God.

No comments: