Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I need clean hands and a pure heart, do you?

Genesis 27:22, "Jacob went to his father Isaac, who touched him and said, "the voice is the voice of Jacob, but the hands are the hands of Esau." He did not recognize him, for his hands were hairy like those of his brother Esau; so he blessed him."

James 4:8, "Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your heart, you double minded."

Psalm 24:3-4, "Who may ascend the hill of the Lord? Who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart."

Psalm 51:10, "Create in me a pure heart."

Psalm 73:1, "Surely God is good to Israel, to those who are pure in heart."

Proverbs 22:11, "He who loves a pure heart and whose speech is gracious will have the king for his friend."

1 Timothy 2:8, " to lift up holy hands in prayer."

Mark 9:43, "If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out."

1 Kings 9:4, "Walk before Me in integrity of heart."

Matthew 5:8, "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God."

Job 17:9, "Nethertheless, the righteous will hold to their ways, and those with clean hands will grow stronger."

Pray with me: "Lord, the Creator of heaven and earth, the Righteous One and Holy One. Blessed by Your name. Your name and your fame are over all the earth and Your servant and a disciple came now to worship You and confess that "I need You to become like a tree grounded and perfected in love. I take my step to be obedient to Your word and follow Your precepts. Cleanse me with hysop and purify the inner being. Let me find the joy of Your salvation and bring me to the holy mountain where I can meet with you face to face in adoration and reverent fear.
I bow down before Your majesty. Be alone glorified and exalted over all the nations on the earth.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen"

No comments: