Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I am reminded today of the word the Holy Spirit taught me. It was a question, "Do you wanna be used by God or have authority and honor from men?" He explained that Jesus submitted to the will of God. The authority did not approve him, yet Jesus did the will of God.

Matthew26:39, 42
  • My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. yet not as I will, but as You will.
  • My Father, if it not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may Your will be done.

Then I read in Matthew that the chief priest, the elders of the people and the high priest were the one who stood against Jesus Christ. Those who were in authority and had honor from people, could not give that authority and honor to Jesus Christ. "Early in the morning, all the chief priests and the elders of the people came to the decision to put Jesus to death. They bound him, led him away and handed him over to Pilate, the governor." Matthew 27:1-2.

Jesus was accused by the chief priests and the elders.

Heavenly Father, I have been praying to You to submit my will to Yours. SInce I have prayed that, I am expecting that there is not going to be authority and honor from men to me. Therefore, I ask you, according to Ephesians 3:16: I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen me with power through His Spirit in my inner being.

No comments: