Wednesday, April 8, 2009

set me in a large place

Last night I stayed awake and read the book "Rees Howells Intercessor" by Norman Grubb. The Lord taught me through it and the Holy Spirit gave also directions to what I need to do.

Right now I would like to come back to the dream and the Bible verse from Psalm 118.
In that dream, after intercession, we were taken into a different city (larger) and also were inside of a secure large house.
The prophet Sandie Freed from the Elijahlist, speaks about it.

"Pressing Through! Do Not Allow Your Vision or Hope to be Stuck in the Narrow Place"

The Narrow Place
"Out of my distress I called upon the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free and in a large place."-Psalm 118:5
The word distress comes from a Hebrew word, metsar and means "something tight (narrow), trouble, pain and strait (like a narrow place)" (Strong's #4712). In the narrow place, David experienced pain and bondage, just as many of us do—therefore we cry out to God for deliverance.
I use the narrow place as a point of reference when I refer to the birth canal. When a baby is birthed, it passes through a very narrow place before it is birthed into enlargement. It is the same spiritually when we are pregnant with purpose, potential and vision—all of it has to first pass through the narrow place.
The word narrow in this passage is similar to the Old Testament usage. It is the Greek word thlibo, which also means narrow, trouble and affliction of some type. Used as an adjective, Jesus used this word to describe the entrance or gateway to eternal life. He described it as a way to receive life. However, when thlibo is used as a verb, it means to press. This is referring to one having to press into the narrow place so that one may pass through the constricted place.
When studying the meaning of the narrow place, we also realize that it represents a place of trauma (Strong's #2346, 5147).
The narrow place is:
• A place of distress
• A place of stress
• A place to press and endure pressure
• A place of trauma

And if we cry out to God, He promises to:
• Deliver us from trauma, distress and affliction
• Set us free
• Place us in an enlarged place of freedom and increase!
Therefore any new revelation God speaks needs to be received by our hearts.
As we seek His Kingdom revelation, we must press into it! Luke 16:16 says this: "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the Kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it." Therefore we realize that the revelation that John had concerning the Good News and his fresh revelation of the Kingdom must all be "pressed into." We cannot receive present truth revelation without enduring the press.
I know I'm pounding this in a bit, but I need for you to understand that the lying, seductive snake sits at the threshold of your breakthrough. Its plan is to apply so much pressure that you are pressed, stressed, depressed and at the point of giving up.
Samson was pressed by his wife for seven days until he finally told her the riddle concerning the lion and honey. His wife used her seductive words to pry out Samson's secrets. Delilah did the same. Scripture says that Delilah "pressed him daily" for his secret. Samson gave in to the wiles of the enemy.
At your threshold, apply the Blood of Jesus and break forth into enlargement. Remember your covenant promises, and go through the gate of increase!
Prophetic Word and Prayer
I hear the Lord say to you that, "This is your month to receive great faith. Do not focus on the darkness about you, nor on the narrow place. I am revealing mysteries in this hour. These mysteries and revelations will challenge your mindsets and your thinking processes. Your heart will be challenged during this season. Do not allow your hearts to become hardened. Do not be confused and question My desires. I will empower you to keep pressing for victory and for your future. I am your Redeemer and I desire to redeem you from your past. Do not allow your vision or hope to be stuck in the narrow place. Press through and you will find yourself in a place of enlargement and great fulfillment."
Allow me to pray for you: Father, I pray for each reader today. I know that it is Your will to bring Heaven to Earth. As Heaven gets closer and miracles become more tangible, the devil gets angrier. I bind the seductive plans of the enemy from every reader. I take authority over his evil words and plans. I bind distress, stress, trauma and pressure which would attempt to hold His children captive. I come into agreement with every Believer and agree that Jezebel, Athaliah and Delilah will not be able to press them out of their destiny. I loose each person into joy and enlargement. In the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.
Sandie Freed

No comments: